Tuesday, July 17, 2007



You'll never guess what I did this weekend? What's that you say? Painted? That's right - painted again. No white walls is my motto. This is the second time I've painted her room in three years. You might remember when the wall looked like this. She has outgrown the look of her sweet Pottery Barn daisy bedding and has moved on to the Shabby Chic floral collection. Bye bye yellow, hello pink and green. Same colors as my studio and laundry room. I promised her that we would finish her room this summer and since school starts Monday, I'm scurrying around buying a mattress, new pillows, mattress pad, etc. Thank goodness I all ready bought all of the bedding.

4 comments:

Lena said...

I'm actually a weird person and love white walls. I like the gallery effect that it can lend to my old things sometimes. I used to have all white walls, but now I don't because it makes other people feel uncomfortable. I tend towards creams and yellows now, but still have white in my kitchen.
I like your stripes!

Anonymous said...

Totally lovin the stripes too! Can't believe they start school on Monday! What a fun room she'll have~

Anonymous said...

I love the stripes, I did the same thing for my cousin once and she adored them. I am sure your daughter will love sleeping, studying, and playin gin her "new" room.

Helle Greer said...

You have been one busy mom.
Love the colors and stripes.
I need your snail mail :-)
helle