Wednesday, July 18, 2007



The Ancestral Bed. You just have to understand why I have been spending so much time and money on my daughter's room. Honestly, I know that I have spent at least 50-60 hours painting her room. Crazy - right? A better painter or artist would have progressed at a much faster rate I'm sure. When I was a little girl, two of my relatives had houses that I adored. One was my paternal Grandmother, Mary. When I was home last spring, I had my sister drive me by so that I could take a picture of it. Of course it looked nothing like I remembered it to be. Upstairs, in one of the two guest rooms, was this four-post bed. It was given to my Grandparents as a wedding gift from her parents. My Grandparents then gave it to my parents as a wedding gift. After we lost my wonderful, sweetest man in the world Father, a few years ago, I begged my sister for this bed for my daughter. She didn't want to let it go. She didn't want anything to happen to it. After careful research, I found a company that specializes in shipping furniture and it arrived from Iowa. However, we weren't ready to set it up until we had all of the Shabby Chic bedding collection. Then we had to decide on how we wanted the walls painted. Here we are months later. This has been a labor of love and I'm so glad that this project is completed. The bed made it here safely, the hours of painting are over, the curtains are hung.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that bed is gorgeous!!! How wonderful that you have that bed and can further pass it on, too. The walls are beautiful Cindy. Man. A labor of love is right! That's the stripe on the side of the wall to the right of the first photo?

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. SWEET. WORD!!!!!! You do realize.... she many never want to leave her room/house right? I just love the way it all came together! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's some painting you've done there, girlie! But man is is cool! Do you see diamonds at night when you close your eyes?

Junie Moon said...

Everything is so gorgeous--but I especially love the little story about the history of the bed, so exquisitely meaningful for all of you.

Anonymous said...

We have the same bedding...but that wall!!! i'd love to know how you diit. It is beautiful!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Wow!!! Yopur blog is beautiful. I'm adding you to my favs for inspiration.

Anastasia said...

its so beautiful!!!
lovely bedding!

Cheryl Ensom said...

Oh how precious! I am a RA-anything fan and this bedroom is just TDF!!! Just found your blog, too, so I'll be sure and visit again. Hugs to you!! cheryl