Sunday, July 08, 2007


Have a fear of heights? If so - don't read any further. My sister-in-law painted the interiors of homes for a year or so when she lived in California. I hired her to help me paint a few rooms until she starts her new job next week. My bunco group consists of 12 players, 8 of whom have the same model as me. Good ole tract housing. We do have the best model if I say so myself. Anyway - we have this crazy high wall. I think only four of us have this particular wall painted. My friend, Jenny, bought this ladder contraption just for this wall. The rest of us are taking turns borrowing it from her. Not only am I somewhat afraid of heights, but my weakest painting skill is trimming the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling. Julie swears that this didn't bother her at all. Climbing up to the top of this ladder, that by the way is the tallest one I've ever laided eyes on. Brave woman! Tomorrow we will finish the loft and let the painting take a rest for awhile. Four more rooms to go!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! I have a similar wall in my house.... the last time it was painted was probably 20 years ago....how disgusting is that!!!! We are getting bids... holy moly... have I saved us $$$ painting myself for all these years!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!! Worth all the effort!

Anastasia said...

a very high wall! your house looks great - love the colour too!