Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Happy 4th of July from my house to yours. I thought I'd share with you a few of my patriotic vignettes. The 4th is a big deal in Iowa where I grew up. Not so much here. We have an extreme heat advisory here with a temperature prediction of 117. When it comes right down to it, most of my memories of the 4th occurred "outside", picnicking, watching fireworks and who could forget sparklers. We are starting a new tradition in my family. We are going up north, just a short two-hour drive, to get a reprieve from the heat and enjoy the fireworks. I wish you all a wonderful, safe 4th filled with traditions and memories - new and old.

3 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

You've been very busy painting and it looks great!

Happy 4th July to you for today! I hope you'll feel some relief of the heat where you go!

I can't believe the enormous heat you have that must be something over 50 degrees celsius? Is that possible? I think I would melt! But maybe it is more supportable without the humidity we normally get here when we get over 25 degrees celsius. The hottest temp. here ever was 36 degrees celsius and that's unbearable. We only have 18 degrees celsius today which is to fresh for July.

Lena said...

A very happy 4th of July to you!
It was indeed a pleasure to see you marchin' in Merryville's parade!
I like your decorations!

Vicki Chrisman said...

You are so right ,about all those midwestern things! Hope you enjoy your reprieve from the heat!