Saturday, June 06, 2009


This is my first attempt at a diaper cake. My neighbor's daughter is having her first baby next month. Taylor and I will be attending her baby shower today. My go-to-gal, Sasha, has been making these for the past few years and generously shared a tutorial on her site. She is incredibly talented and lets her readers in on her secrets. Cole and Taylor both helped me shape and tie the 90+ diapers that we used. I found everything I needed in my "magical craft room" as my kids call it, except the pink teddy bear. I shopped yesterday specifically for a light pink teddy bear and was so happy to have found one. I hope she likes it.

3 comments:

Saucy said...

90 diapers? Wow! That is what, like a two week supply or more... those days are so long past for me I don't even remember... but your cake looks awesome! Love the finish on each tier. Your friend will love it! Have fun at the shower!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow - how awesome did this cake turn out!! I love all the little touches you addes. The necklace and the crown! I can't wait to hear all about it. You did awesome! Carmen

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

Love the cake! Great job. I made one a few years back, but didn't look as good as yours. The teddy bear on top is so cute. Thanks for playing with me on saturday, is was fun.
Hugs, Tricia