Tuesday, January 16, 2007


34 degrees at 7:30 a.m. For the Phoenix area, that is unbelievably cold. Yesterday, at this time, it was only 20. Too cold for me to go outside and take the picture. We are wimpy here. We are all wearing layers, cranking up the heat, turning on the fireplace and piling on the blankets. Phoenix has been breaking all kinds of records for this cold weather. That was definitely not one of the reasons I moved here from Iowa 22 years ago. The day I graduated from Iowa State University, one cold December day, it was 18 degrees below zero. Now that's cold! All of the girls were required to wear panty hose and dresses. I distinctly remember how cold my legs were. There are alot of homeless people here in Arizona. I've had a hard time getting to sleep these last few nights. I've been praying for them, hoping that they are finding a way to stay warm. Also, there's a town within 12 miles from us, Maricopa, that has hundreds of brand-new homes. Southwest Gas Company ran out of gas and several of those homes were without heat last night. I've never heard of anything like that happening before. Southwest is our gas provider too. We take so much for granted, just flicking the switch on our fireplace and cranking up the heat. Stay warm!

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Brrr looks cold!!! I dont know how you guys can handle it that cold...