Sunday, August 27, 2006


This is me.
According to six second graders. My week started out with a telephone call from a teacher asking if I would work 1/2 a day for her because her child was sick. In a blink of an eye, everything changed. Her child was hospitalized, had two surgeries and several other medical problems arose. I've been praying for her all week. I was asked to substitute for her class for the remainder of the week and I was honored to do so. My week is over, but I will never forget the 24 second graders that stole my heart this week. This was my first "long term" assignment. I can't get these kiddos out of my head. It's like being a parent. You're always thinking about them, checking on them and wondering where they are. They will be thrilled to have their teacher back, but I will miss them.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

you sound like a wonderful teacher and one that loves her job!!
I hope the other teachers child is going to be okay - how traumatic for her!