Sunday, April 22, 2007




Our fun weekend is over, but what a total blast we had. I went to bed this morning at 2 am. I expected nothing less from this weekend. We started out Thursday at Analis Scraptique which is one of my most favorite scrapbook stores. It is so full of charm and imagination which is just what I look for. Not to mention the latest and greatest products. Look at these darling chairs in the workroom. I loved the chair seat on this one too. We used their lab for a few hours and their awesome new dies. Lots of flourishes, rick rac, fleur di lis and scallops. Very fun. Friday morning we worked as teacher assistants at the convention where we were spoiled rotten. The girls from Making Memories were just so sweet and so much fun. We had a blast and were well rewarded for our efforts. Then we shopped the vendor faire for about 4 hours where I discovered the most charming vintagy company named Crafty Secrets. I spent the majority of my money there, met the owners and was asked to work in their booth the next day and at the next convention. I agreed to work at the next convention as my friends and I had other plans in mind. As I was oohing and aahing over everything there and loading up my arms with merchandise, I exclaimed, "That's Becky Novack" on that display. Turns out she's good friends with one of the designers. What a small world we live in. We midwesterners come from long lines of crafters. Saturday we went to a 7 Gypsies metal charm make and take at Recollections and then hurried back to the Scrapbook Retreat (aka my house) and worked until 2 am. Check out my kitchen table. I compled 11 layouts. It usually takes me one year to completed that many. Gotta go and put away about a thousand items.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, I am so jealous!!! I would love to experience a Convention like that! Such fun, fun, fun!!! And who doesn't love that Becky Novacek!!!

Anonymous said...

Cindy - Thanksyou again for such a wonderful, awesome, uplifting, rejuvinating, blast, tons of fun TIME!!! I am already looking forward to next year!! :) See ya Thursday Carmen

Anastasia said...

sounds like a great time was had by you all!!