Saturday, October 16, 2010


We left Kansas City and hit the road to Branson. Three and one half hours to go. Not bad, but I was doing all the driving myself and feeling very brave and accomplished to take my kiddos on a trip by myself. Half way there, I spotted what looked like an Amish man on a horse waiting to cross the highway. Then I noticed this sign. I looked for cute signs like this when we were in Pennsylvania this summer, but I couldn't find any. Sorry it's blurry, we were driving. It was an incredibly beautiful drive. We passed so many farms and red barns. I have a thing for red barns.

We arrived at our resort around 6 pm. We checked in, unloaded our luggage and drove back into town to have a nice dinner. Then I spotted Steak N Shake. Cole flies off to Ohio once a year for his drumline to compete in the world championships. Steak N Shake is always on their itinerary. I scored big points with Cole for nixing our plans for a "nice" dinner and dining at Steak N Shake instead. You know what they say, the way to a man's heart! After all, he did have to put up with a lot of girly stops during this trip. After dinner, we took advantage of the resort's recreation center playing pool, foosball, air hockey and sliding/flying down the water slide. The indoor pool was warm, but it was a cold walk back to our room.

The next morning we enjoyed a long-distance treat from Daddy, room service! He insisted. We love being spoiled. Daddy had lots of talks with Cole about being "the man" while on our trip and taking care of the girls. We then went and met the incredibly sweet and gracious Ruthann from Warm Pie Happy Home and Sugar Pie Farmhouse.

She brought me one of her precious books! I am so thankful that we were able to meet.

Our next stop was Eureka Springs, Arkansas, a quaint little Victorian town. One of my life's goals is to visit all of our fifty states.


I'm now officially at 41 states. 9 more to go!




We had ice cream at this darling little establishment.


We had to turn around and drive back to Branson. We had 4 pm tickets on the Branson Belle to see the show Todd Oliver and His Talking Dogs. The show was hilarious. Todd has been featured on both Leno and Letterman. We loved Table Rock Lake and had a thirty-minute break between dinner and the show to go out on deck and enjoy the view.



No comments: