Saturday, April 03, 2010


Happy Easter! We are enjoying absolutely glorious weather here in Arizona and I hope that, wherever you are, you are too! As many of you know, I work for the school district. If I must work, this is the best choice for me, as it allows me to have the same vacation breaks as our children. We just enjoyed a two-week and one day spring break. We returned to school for three days and were off for Good Friday. It was a wonderful way to ease back in from our break. Now we are in for the long haul until Memorial Day. Because my husband works in the golf industry, he cannot take time off on our spring and fall breaks. Lucky for us, they are both the best times of the year to enjoy being outside and inside with the windows open. We stayed home and I couldn't be happier. I had all of that time to play Susie Homemaker.
We planted flowers in 18 flower pots. Cole fixed my fountain - yeah! I love hearing the water. Went to opening day of Alice in Wonderland in 3-D. Loved it. I took the kids out to lunch - twice. We went out to dinner - twice. We had company from New York, California and Colorado. We rented Whip it, Old Dogs, Couples Retreat, Time Travelers Wife, Did You Hear About the Morgans and The Amazing Mrs. Beeton. We went shopping more than twice. I read three books. I made strawberry jam and a home-made strawberry pie. I decorated and shopped for Easter. I went to seven upholstery fabric stores to find fabric to get our living room sofa recovered. I planted zinnia seeds to bloom in our hot summer heat. I washed everyone's comforters, sheets and mattress pads and hand-washed all my sweaters. I cleaned, and cleaned and cooked and cooked. Having all of us home during the day equals running the dishwasher twice a day. On the days that we were home, my husband came home for lunch. I did our taxes - we owe over $800 to the IRS - ugh! I worked on the kid's school albums, made Teresa Collin's paper flowers from her blog. I went to the dentist and took Cole to the dentist. We went on countless bike rides, played ping pong, several games of Bunny Jenga and took Chloe for walks. We are off to a spring training game and then coming home to color eggs. This year, we are attempting plaid eggs using electrical tape from my beloved Martha Stewart magazine.
I loved every minute of it!
Happy Easter - He Has Risen!

No comments: