Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's that time of year again. Back to school and I'm subbing a few days every week. It's the perfect fit for me. I'm only a few blocks away, I get to go back and forth to school with my daughter and I go home for lunch and see our puppy. What do you ask does cotton candy have to do with substitute teaching? Well, one of the 2nd graders this week wrote a story about what he did over the weekend. He was so excited because he got to buy one of his favorite treats "cot and candy". Is that cute or what? I love their early writings. Learning to spell and putting words together. The other reason why this job is so perfect for me is that I don't have any job related responsibilities after the bell rings. I can go home to my family and wear my other hat or should I say hats. Chauffeur, chef, errand runner, mother, wife, bookkeeper, you know the routine. We all do it and love every minute of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there - sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back last night - It has been crazy here lately!!! Boys are sick - Rob's paper to due - Work and more work -then tons of homework!! Calgon were are you!!! :) I am glad to hear your husband is doing well! I will try to call ya later. Carmen

Lena said...

It's such a nostalgic time of the year for me. I miss the days when my son was in grade school, especially.
I used to help tutor at school, and my favorite part of that, was reading all of the children's stories.
Best wishes to your husband for a quick recovery.

MJ said...

I do envy teachers as having access to part-time and temporary (substitute) employment. I'm trying my venture as a sessional lecturer (3 - 45 minute classes / week) & have found it to be eons of work! The substitute teacher concept almost sounds heavenly! (Except I recall that my classmates tended to be nasty to substitute teachers!) LOL!