Wednesday, October 04, 2006



Beep, Beep - Roadrunner

In all of my 22 years of living in Arizona, I have never seen a roadrunner stop long enough for me to take its picture. When we lived in the Tucson area, it was quite common to see roadrunners, coyotes, quail, javalina, hawks, deer, rattlesnakes, jackrabbits and once in awhile, bobcats. However, now that we are back in Phoenix, it's rare that we see much wildlife. I am always reminded of the beep, beep, roadrunner cartoon that I watched growing up. I think that he was chasing down the candle aroma too. There was at least 2 acres of open land in front of the Gold Canyon building. When we pulled into their parking lot, he ran across the road in front of us. That's what they always do, they never stop. I kept chasing him to try to get a better photo, one without the truck in the background, but to no avail. He won. Beep, beep.

No comments: