Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas Eve! We attended the most beautiful Christmas service at our church this morning. We each held a candle while singing "Silent Night". It was so inspirational. I've been squeezing in an answer or two on our Colossal Christmas Crossword Puzzle that was in our newspaper this week and finishing up wrapping a few gifts. Every year I lose a gift or two because I've hidden them too well, even from me. My family teases me relentlessly about them. I know that all of my close friends that are reading this are having a giggle on me. That's okay! I'm leaving you all with the easiest recipe that I have ever had the pleasure to make. If you have any neighbors that you need to run a goody over to, try these, you won't be disappointed.
Microwave Peanut Brittle

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup of salted peanuts
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

In a 2-quart microwavable glass bowl, stir sugar and syrup together (sugar tends to settle on the bottom). Microwave for 4 minutes on power level #8. Add salted peanuts and stir. Microwave for 3 1/2 minutes on power level #8. Add vanilla and butter, stir well. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on power level 8. Remove and add 1 teaspoon baking soda. Stir and very quickly pour on cookie sheet. Spread or pour thinly. Cool, break into small pieces.
Note: I've made 9 batches for gifts this week. I've found that parchment paper (not waxed paper) is working beautifully. You can also butter your cookie sheet or use a nonstick cookie sheet. Santa's little helper was busy in the kitchen with me this afternoon baking iced and sprinkle sugar cookies. She cut all of these out herself and was in total charge of the sprinkling. I just set out the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book for Daddy to read. Don't forget to set out the cookies and milk for Santa and "Merry Christmas to All and to All A Good Night."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Eve, to you and your whole precious family!

Tina