Sunday, January 03, 2010


We rang in the New Year by attending the Insight Bowl game. This wasn't just any bowl game for me. My husband, Mark, came home from work a few weeks ago and announced that my alma mater, Iowa State, was going to play in the Insight Bowl. I can't tell you how excited I was. I haven't seen Iowa State play for 25 years. I have not been back to my university since I graduated. Mark got us four tickets and my entire family had to watch me be giddy and cheer incessantly for my team. Mark and I have been married for 23 years and he is a diehard ASU fan and alum. I have attended countless football and basketball games and have purchased many shirts and ASU memorabilia for him. I loved seeing fans sporting Iowa State Cyclone teeshirts and seeing the sea of red and gold at the ASU stadium.
Before the game started, we were entertained by military parachuters landing on the field.

They first appeared as dots in the sky as spectators squinted into the sunny Arizona sky.
They started coming into view.
They each carried a flag including a United States flag, Iowa State, Arizona and NFL.
Immediately after they landed, we were treated with a fly by.

Here's Cy
Loved seeing my team name on the Arizona field. If you looked closely, you could see the Arizona State logo underneath
Our beautiful Arizona sunset.
The best part of the day, we won the game 14-13!
I hope I don't have to wait another 25 years to see my team play.

3 comments:

Short and Sweet said...

So glad that you were able to see Iowa State play and even happier that they won for you! I'm even happier that you posted something new on your blog! Nice photos.

Maija said...

Good for you!! I'm glad they won the game for you!

Unknown said...

How cool to see those parachuters! Oh to be back in Arizona and watch the sunset!

Sand xoxo