Sunday, April 05, 2009



My husband, daughter and I went to the incredible "Chihuly" exhibit at the Desert Botanical Gardens. A friend recommended that we select the 4-8 pm reservation and I'm grateful that we wanted. No wonder that time frame is so popular. The weather was spectacular and it made us happy and grateful that we live in Arizona.
This tree was one of my 3 favorites of the over 100 displays.

This one reminded us of our "worm" succulent in our back yard that my husband brought us home from work a few years ago when they were clearing land for a new golf course.






This one was my favorite. They were all named except this one. I named it "Dancing Waters". I love the arch in the background that I didn't notice until I looked through my lense.
Next are the chandeliers. I'll show you a few of my favorites.

Daylight image before 7 pm.
After 7 pm image. This is why the 4-8 time slot fills up quickly.



We saw some feathered friends.


A few more of my favorite scenes.

A message to my local peeps: "Do not miss this."

5 comments:

Audra, Green Meadow Lane said...

These pictures are amazing!

Unknown said...

WOW! I can only imagine how it all looked up close!

Sandy xox

Saucy said...

I want to see this badly. When Veto and I were in the Bahamas we saw these hanging at the Atlantis Resort, I think the exact same thing and they were breathtaking.

Coco said...

I am soooo jealous. He had an exhibit in the Atlanta Botanical Gardens once and I planned on going. I got very busy and forgot. I have been kicking myself ever since. I love his work. The "Dancing Waters" was one of my faves of your pics...that and the purple reeds.

Becky said...

I recently took a trip to Seattle and got to see some of Dale Chihuly's work there. His work is amazing! Good pictures!