Sunday, December 24, 2006


Oh Tannebaum, Oh Tannebaum, How Lovely Are Your Branches. My collection of Christmas trees is growing. My favorite will always be our main tree with all of our sentimental ornaments. As much as I am into decorating and home decor, I am not drawn to fancy trees with matching ornaments and lots of ribbons. I can tell you about every ornament on our tree and where it came from. My favorites are the ones that my Grandmother and Great Aunt made for me when I was younger. I also have several that my Mother gave me, as well as two that my husband gave me the first year we were married and several that we have purchased on special trips. A few years ago I added our kitchen tree. I've always wanted one and it has been so fun finding ornaments for this tree.
Also in the kitchen is our candy tree. It brings a festive flair to our kitchen table. We finally had to buy the kids there own tree. I've been buying them an ornament every year and try to match it to their interests for the year. Taylor and I shopped and shopped trying to find just the right "pink" tree. It couldn't be too pink or too feathery. I finally found this one for her and she thinks it is just right. I love the Mackenzie-Child's looking painted ornaments that we found for it.

No comments: